header image

Waking Life

The discussions in Waking Life that I was able to follow blew my mind. Particularly the one between the two people in bed, where they talk about the moments of brain activity after death being “long” enough to simulate an entire lifetime in a dream.

I also like the part when the anthropologist / scientist explained that evolution will happen at an accelerated rate. (My heart was a flutter when he predicted that the future in human evolution = the cylon, a la Battlestar Galactica. I forgot to mention that if I could lucid dream, I’d make be a cylon.)

I took issue with the angry red-faced inmate. Wouldn’t removing the eye-lids off of a torture victim as a means to ensure that the victim sees everything counterproductive? With no eye-lids to blink, wouldn’t the victim lose sight quickly? Minor point, but it sure tripped me up.

~ by owls on May 22, 2010.

2 Responses to “Waking Life”

1. The two people bed was also one my favorite scenes. I think that it would be crazy that what if I just died and I am living my life in a dream again. Just like in the Matrix, what brain thinks is real, makes it real. You die in the Matrix, you die in real life.

2. Éogar asks you to take one of his Blonde Sorrel horses to the stable
    master in West Bree. A variety of good quality horse wormers can be found
    on the internet. Several of the rocking horse pozycjonowanie stron plans include things like steel hardware and slats
    that could pose difficulties for younger youngsters.

Here is my page; american paint horse association registration –
    http://alturl.com/hq2wr,